Lovie and Company
For Lovie and Company as Senior Consultant: Served as expert witness in several major rig loss cases, e.g. for Chevron on loss of the Key Biscayne jackup off the north west coast of Australia in a region known for its being a graveyard for ships over the last four centuries. This multiyear lawsuit against P&O Shipping settled in Chevron’s favor just before trial.
- Represented foreign shipyards and engineering firms in the U.S.
- Negotiated construction contracts and international technical licensing agreements.
- Marketing assessments for new products,
- Troubleshooting consultant for a bank on offshore projects, e.g. finding a basis for projecting if there was any future for a turnkey drilling venture started in offshore Brazil;
- Post 1982, adapted to the energy depression by performing troubleshooting engineering,and marketing assignments for domestic and international clients.
- During 1976-1981 successfully marketed and negotiated numerous construction contracts for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units with Houston drilling contractors on a no-cure, no-pay basis, acting on behalf of US and Singaporean builders (Baker Marine and FELS).
- Introduced concept of "jackup kits" in 1977 to enable broader choice of shipyards for construction of jackups;